March 2015 - December 2016
After one year working at Impero I was bumped up to a more senior/conceptual creative role. Here I managed a team of two junior creative, lead pitches, ran weekly creative meetings, conducted training sessions with the juniors and reported directly to the Creative Director. Being a more conceptual digital based creative saw me work on in-browser VR experiences, viral campaigns, video content for web, social and TV while my more day-to-day tasks included overseeing web banners campaigns (from concept to execution), web content updates, EDM campaigns and tone of voice documents. My main clients at the time were Beefeater Gin, Campo Viejo Wine, Brancott Estate Wine and Deep Silver/Fishlabs, however I often helped out on Jacob’s Creek Wine and Lindt Chocolate in a more supportive role.
- Coming up with original, intelligent, and creative ideas for digitally-led campaigns, and pitching them to existing and potential clients.
- Seeing projects through from end-to-end, from initial concept to excecution. This saw me manage the creative teams' resources and working with other members of the wider agency such as designers, copywriters, art directors, developers, account managers, project managers and the head of social.
- Writing scripts for films, mockumentaries and TVC-styled advertisements.
- Managing, mentoring and challenging the editorial team to get out of their comfort zone frequently in order to come up with the best creative work possible.
- Assisting with complete digital brand overhauls, including but not limited to; the creation of digital tone of voice documents, rewriting of website copy, and rethinking how brands should utilise social media to promote their messaging.
- Working closely with design and the development teams to utilise the newest technologies in a way that adds to a brand's narrative, and immerses consumers within their world.
- Collaborating with directors and the head of film for TVC styled shoots, ensuring the main creative messaging is always coming through.
- Writing monthly and bi-monthly content calendars for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Implementing new reports for Campo Viejo, Jacob's Creek and Beefeater gin. This involved creating dashboards on reporting, listening and content dashboards on the social software Sprinklr, while also working with the design team to make the reports more visually striking and interesting to read.
- Creating concepts and copy for both social and web banners campaigns.
- Leading the strategic development for Pernod Ricard Travel Retail's digital strategy.
- Using Facebook Advertising + Business Manager to runs advertising campaigns across Facebook and Instagram.
Junior Community and Social Insights Manager
March 2014 - March 2015
Initially I was tasked with tasks such as scheduling, community management and reporting, however it wasn’t long until I was creating content of my own for clients such as Lindt UK, Lindor UK and Lindt Hello UK. It was during my time as a junior that I really learnt how and why social works, while also gaining the unique skill set (for a creative) of being able to understand and report on social analytics and also being able to run social advertising campaigns.
- Creating monthly and bi-monthly content calendars for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr.
- Managing the day-to-day operations of all of Impero’s client’s social media accounts.
- Helping to develop small-scale social media campaigns to be run over a variety of platforms.
- Scamping up ideas with art directors to help designers create engaging social content.
- Finding influencers for social media campaigns.
- Creating monthly and bi-monthly reports, providing insights based on data analysis and providing recommendations for future content calendars.
- Developing competitions on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to help grow client’s fan base and reach.
- Scheduling content using Sprinklr, Facebook, Tweetdeck, Buffer and Schedugram.
- Contributing to pitches, and giving senior creatives insight into which content works with each of the communities.
- Helping strategy research target markets and other brands for pitches and proposals.
- Coming up with ideas for PR stunts for the agency.
Junior Community Manager
November 2013 - March 2014
This was my first job in London. Here I learnt the very basics of social. Much of my time was spent blogging on the social industry for the Harkable blog and creating content for the likes of Onepiece, Nutella and Tic Tac.
- Managing the day-to-day operations for both Harkable and its clients social media accounts. Scheduling content, replying to comments on Facebook and Instagram.
- Helping develop social media campaigns to be run over multiple platforms.
- Creating weekly and monthly reports to better understand to better understand social efforts, which would then inform ongoing posting strategy.
- Developing competitions on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Writing weekly blog posts on social media, technology, and industry insights for the Harkable site.
- Brainstorming sessions for client pitches.
- Utilising Buffer to coordinate and plan timely posts for both Facebook and Twitter.
Bookings and Label Manager
August 2013 - December 2016
- Liaising with artists, managers and bookers in order to book a variety of different acts for DJ sets, performances and talks with range of artists such as Marcellus Pittman, Dego, Ron Trent, Project Pablo and Shanti Celeste.
- Co-running CDR partnerships with festivals such as Dimensions Festival, Outlook Festival, Strom Festival, Meltdown Festival, and technology brands Ableton and Native Instruments.
- Co-running the CDR nights, arranging hotels, airport transfers, meals and entertainment for guests.
- Co-running the A&R component of CDR.
- Organising the release of music via our distribution deal with Juno Records and via Bandcamp.
Education: Bachelor of Communications (Advertising) RMIT